Please join us on Thursday, September 14, 2017 at our annual awards reception as we set aside an evening to honor five outstanding individuals who have worked with DC Appleseed to improve the city and the region.
The evening will begin with a reception on the rooftop terrace at The Mead Center for American Theater, Arena Stage (1101 6th St. SW) from 6:00pm – 7:30pm. After the reception, we will adjourn to the Kogod Cradle Theater for the evening’s program.
Our keynote speaker will be Congressman Jamie Raskin (D-MD). Congressman Raskin has been a strong advocate of D.C. voting rights and is an ally of the District on many of the issues we care about.
We will also have a panel discussion with local leaders who are helping the District and the region deal with the actions of Congress and the Presidential administration.
If you have any questions, please contact Desmond Riley at 202-289-8007 ext. 14 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rick Bress, Partner at Latham & Watkins and DC Appleseed board member
- Rubie Coles, Deputy Director, Moriah Fund
- Jim Dinegar, President and CEO, Greater Washington Board of Trade
- Maria Gomez, President and CEO, Mary’s Center
- Laurie Wingate, Executive Director, Raise DC
- Beverly Perry, Senior Adviser to Mayor Bowser
- Councilmember Mary Cheh
- Chuck Bean, Executive Director of the Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments
- Wade Henderson, Senior Advisor to The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights
- Moderator: Tom Sherwood, NBC4
| Supporters |
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hogan Lovells US LLP
- Weil Gotshal & Manges LLP and Annemargaret Connolly
- Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP and Jeffrey Handwerker
- Margot Aronson
- Harkins Cunningham LLP and Richard Herzog
- Mayer Brown LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Zuckerman Spaeder LLP, Eleanor Smith and Jimmy Slaughter
- Hon. Bert T. Edwards
- Marc Efron and Barbara Bares
- Gepetto Catering Company
- Bill Wiltshire
- Chris Wright